- J. Crew wooden clogs from 2002 are not good train commuter shoes. Especially when your train regularly leaves 30-60 seconds early. As in, BEFORE the time they post on their official schedule. I think the conductors must take sadistic pleasure watching people run, frantically, with all their bags, coffee, etc, flying everywhere to get to the train that is leaving AHEAD of schedule.
- Knitting EIGHT of the exact same scarf for the last 6 weeks might be a scene from one of the levels of Dante’s Inferno. I have never wanted to be done with an Etsy order so badly in my life. I don’t think I will agree to this kind of bulk order again. I am on 50% done with #7. So, I still have another full scarf to complete. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
- Tuesday is the worst day of the week. Monday, at least some portion of the population took the day off as a long weekend so you don’t have to deal with them out on the road. By Tuesday, everyone is back annoying you with their slow-poke driving (can you tell I’m still not over almost missing the train this morning?) and you still have four more days in the week.
- A couple weeks ago while watching TV, The Husband said “why are all cute girls annoying?” Talk about setting yourself up! I jokingly said, “So, what you are saying is either I am not cute, or I am annoying.” But I totally get his point. Not that all cute girls are annoying, but it does seem disproportionately skewed to annoying. Which leads me to the question: do other people think said annoying pretty girls are in fact, annoying, but because they are cute they just overlook it?
- Running the “long run” 60-90 seconds slower than half-marathon pace actually makes it enjoyable. I know. Shocker. As usual, the last 2 miles of the 13 I was ready to be done, but the first 8 were downright fun! I can’t say I’ve been enjoying my long runs recently, probably because I have been pushing too hard.